Tangent Scale Models is pleased to announce the availability today of new paint schemes for our HO Scale General American 4180 “Airslide” covered hopper. First released by Tangent in 2015, our GATC 4180 Airslide covered hopper continues our industry-leading focus on beautiful detailing, consistent colors and stenciling, excellent operating abilities, and phase detailing. When you factor in the quality of detailing and execution out of the box against your modeling time, Tangent provides a better value than train set alternatives that have fewer parts and missing stencil markings.
Our October 2018 production of General American 4180 covered hoppers includes THREE all-new RTR private operator paint schemes. We will be selling these new cars on Friday and Saturday, October 19/20, at the Railroad Prototype Modelers Conference Chicagoland, in Lisle IL.
Check them out now at www.tangentscalemodels.com :
GACX “Dawson Soy MN 1978” replicates the GATC 4180 Airslides leased to Dawson Mills in Dawson, Minnesota. These gray cars feature a classy green stripe and white Dawson graphics. Check out that two-tone green logo! Correct phase details are present in this 1978-built car including low mounted brake stand, wide side posts and wide running board. Of course, every single piece of data on the sides of the car is accurately replicated. Yes, ALL of it. This scheme is available in two numbers, with a prototype photo right on our product page!
CCLX “Corn Products 1978” shows off a classy yellow CPC International Repaint Scheme. While originally a plain gray car built in 1967 for Corn Products Company, the repaint scheme features the later CPC International corporate branding. The correct 1967-built details are present, including a low hand brake and 4 grab irons on the right and left side of the car. Assigned to the immense CPC processing facility at Argo, Illinois, these cars are available in two numbers.
GACX “GATX 1992 Blue Repaint” marks the return of the common 1990s light blue lease scheme in an all-new version to the Tangent lineup. Bold GATX AIRSLIDE lettering dominates this scheme, and features a silver running board and roof hatches, just like the prototype. This series was originally built by GATC in 1973 and our model includes appropriate production details for that era including low mounted brake appliances, wide side posts, and wide running boards. Incredibly popular 1990s railroading — available in 2 numbers.
Features for our replicas include:
– Dimensional accuracy – designed from actual General American plans and verified with field measurements
– Highly correct “true to life” colors
– “Hyper-Accurate” lettering including exact fonts and lettering placement
– Genuine Kadee® scale couplers
– “Near-scale” draft gear box with beautifully-rendered side “key” detail
– Multiple road numbers for each scheme
– “See through” etched metal running boards
– A series of various spotting variations that replicate cars from General American’s prolific 1965-1980 production period, including different roofs, running boards, body side post (“rib”) profiles, high and low brake arrangements on the B end, different ladder and grab iron arrangements, with or without crossover platforms and handrails, etc. Sell off the toy trains and save your time – we do freight cars right
– Lacy details installed and painted – wire grab irons and coupler lift bars
– Separate air hoses
– CNC-machined 36” wheels in high quality Tangent Scale Models trucks, with semi-scale wheels available separately
– Recommended age 14 years and older
Do not miss out on the Tangent Scale Models General American 4180 Airslide covered hopper, one of the most sought-after freight cars from the turbulent 1960s-1970s period, done right with phase variations! Pricing for RTR models is $44.95.
Thank you for continuing to support Tangent Scale Models, a family-owned and operated company!