Thank you for visiting Tangent Scale Models! Since 2007, we have created an innovative product line that provides the next generation of HO scale railroad freight car models, covering all eras from 1917 to the present. We have also entered the N scale market with our first car! While other brands are good at producing locomotives – both steam and diesel – we believe “it’s time to pay attention to the train.” This means your freight cars! We believe freight cars are equally important to your locomotives, and anyone who already has our cars will tell you that our passion for cars shows with every car and paint scheme replica we produce.
Simply put, we offer a balanced and growing product line of high-quality, well-researched, and smartly-executed freight cars that you can always count on to fill needed gaps in your fleet, as well as replace outdated models. When we announce a car, it is for sale immediately. We do not pre-announce our products or have cutesy blogs. We are serious about producing unmatched models. Finally, our customer experience is second to none. We take care of you, our customers, and we won’t let you down.
Our ENTIRE product line replicas include the following features:
- Highly correct “true to life” colors
- “Hyper-Accurate” lettering including exact fonts and lettering placement
- Wire grab irons and coupler lift bars to withstand handling and provide a uniform color appearance
- Stand-off ladders
- See-through running boards, crossover platforms, and brake platforms
- Interior detailing where applicable
- Road-specific details and variations applied to match prototypes
- Separate air hoses
- Scale (actual) Kadee® couplers so you don’t have to “swap-out” junk plastic couplers
- Free-rolling trucks with metal wheels and proper weighting so the models operate as good as they look – they look like museum-quality models but can be operated with no issues
- Prototype images are shown on our website for most of our products so that we can “prove our work” to you – and reduce time needed to double check our accuracy. We have “done the work” for you beyond just a great model – we show some of our research too!
- The most-detailed rolling stock available on today’s market
In short, we are a first generation, family-owned and operated business operating out of Asheville, NC, and we are modelers too. So we get it. Please cruise around our website. There is lots to see. And don’t be afraid to ask questions or submit your want lists!
Thank you for visiting! Click here to see available models!