Tangent Scale Models is pleased to announce a release of nine HO scale Pullman-Standard PS-2CD 4000 covered hopper paint schemes!
Pullman-Standard originally produced these round hatch covered hoppers in the 1962-1964 period, and they remained in service throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico until the early 2000s wearing both Class 1 and lease paint schemes. Our RTR replicas are available NOW in the following 9 ALL-NEW schemes:
– ATSF “Repaint with 1973 Restencil” features the large spelled out “Santa Fe” stencil lettering that is so common on ATSF covered hoppers of the 1970s. This car features an accurate 1973 stencil (check our website for prototype reference), and is available in 3 road numbers.
– BN “1990 Green Repaint” comes in the final iteration of the BN paint scheme which includes the small BN logo with lines above and below the reporting marks, applied to new and repaint cars alike. The PS4000s were no exception, with a few painted in this scheme after 1990. Mostly utilized in sand or bentonite service in the 1990s, these beautiful cars are available in 2 road numbers. Don’t miss out!
– B&O “Original Gray 1963” is offered in the original gray scheme from 1963 with the classic italicized “B&O” spelled out in black on the carbody. Check out the bay lettering on this car too! Our B&O models are available in 6 road numbers.
– CGW “CNW Zito 1990” in the late-CNW era zito yellow scheme featuring the striking red CNW ball and bar logo. This is a repaint of a former CGW car. CNW’s fleet of PS4000s were still very active well past the UP merger, however each was repainted a little differently. This is why we offer only one car number for this scheme – because we want to get it right. This zito yellow offering is the first of three CNW/UP era cars in this run.
– CNW “Clinton 1978 Repaint” is the second of three CNW/UP era cars in this run. This is a CNW Clinton IA shops repaint from August 1978, and features the CNW ball and bar logo in black and yellow. This car has a raised placard COTS panel, just like the road-specific prototype it represents. Like the zito offering above, this car is only available in one road number.
– CNW “Clinton 1981 Repaint” is a CNW Clinton IA shops repaint from February 1981, and features the CNW ball and bar logo in black and yellow. This car has two distinct yellow colors for stenciling, just like the real CNW car did. This CNW 1981 repaint is available in one road number. This is the third of three CNW/UP era cars in this run – collect all three and operate a mini-block in your manifest trains!
– MNS “Repaint of 1962 Built Car” is the first of two MNS cars we are offering in this production run. MNS ordered two groups of PS4000s in both 1962 and 1963. They were delivered in plain Pullman-leasing gray and were later partially repainted by MNS with a blue band and the distinctive MNS diamond-shaped logo. These distinctively-painted MNS cars lasted beyond MNS and into the SOO and CP eras. This is our 1962-built offering, car number 601. Below we list our 1963-built offering.
– MNS “Repaint of 1963 Built Car” is the second of two MNS cars we are offering in this production run, car number 602. Like our 1962-delivered offering discussed above, this car includes the partially repainted livery with a blue band and the distinctive MNS diamond-shaped logo. This distinctively-painted car lasted beyond MNS and into the SOO and CP eras.
– N&W “Hamburger 1970” with the classic “hamburger” logo and large “N&W” and “Norfolk and Western” on the car side. This eye-catching car is available in 2 road numbers.
– Undecorated RTR Primer Gray – ready for paint or simply decal our gray car!
– Unpainted Kit – build your own!
Want to see photos of these spectacular replicas? Click here for a link to the new models! And as always, we show prototype photos of each paint scheme on our website.
These products are shipping now. Features for these replicas include:
– Dimensional accuracy – designed from Pullman-Standard plans
– Tooled in the USA!
– Highly correct “true to life” colors – check out our CNW Clinton green and zito yellow!
– “Hyper-Accurate” lettering including exact fonts and lettering placement
– Painted, scale-sized wire grabirons and coupler lift bars for strength and durability
– Razor-sharp printing and paint separations
– Genuine Kadee® scale couplers
– “See through” etched metal running boards and brake platforms
– Separate air hoses
– CNC-machined 36” wheels in high quality Tangent Scale Models trucks, with semi-scale wheels available separately
– Recommended age 14 years and older
Pricing for RTR models is $44.95, with quantity discounts for direct purchases from Tangent Scale Models.
That wraps up our update for today, and thank you for supporting the family-owned businesses in our industry!