Tangent Scale Models is pleased to announce our next release of HO Scale Pullman-Standard PS-2CD 4750 covered hoppers. Think of this Tangent Scale Models PS-2CD 4750 (“PS4750″) model as the EMD SD40-2 of covered hoppers. Similar to the SD40-2, Pullman-Standard (“PS”) began production of the 4750 covered hopper in 1972 and was the most popular seller within its peer group with more than 56,000 cars produced (not including thousands of clones from other builders and railroads). The 4750 followed upon the successful “high hip” design of one of Pullman’s earlier designs, the 4740 covered hopper, also offered by Tangent Scale Models. When Pullman ceased production of 4750s in 1981, the amassed fleet was the largest covered hopper fleet of any of builder, and was one of the most prolific productions of a singular design during any era. Like EMD SD40-2s, it is very difficult to find a railroad that did not have PS4750s!
The Tangent PS4750 is a state of the art, dimensionally-accurate scale replica with highly accurate “true-to-life” colors and precise letter stencils. Our PS4750 offers a multitude of detail variations and phases to replicate the Pullman-Standard offerings. Example variations include: brake systems, outlet gates, roofs, roof hatches, roof overhangs, running boards, crossover platforms, end ladders, jacking pads, brakewheel housings, and brakewheels. This replica includes our fine “near-scale” draft gear box with beautifully-rendered side “key” detail. Our ready-to-operate replica is finished with coupler lift bars accompanying Kadee® scale couplers and sufficient hidden weights to ensure the model operates as good as it looks. At more than 100 parts per car, not to mention phase accurate details, genuine Kadee couplers, and all-metal wheels, we provide you with a high-value model that will provide you with years of enjoyment.
This is NOT a pre-order announcement. Our NEW Ready to Run replicas are available now by clicking here! We debut our stunning PS4750 models in seven roadnames plus undecorated kit, listed here:
– Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe (ATSF) “GA-191 1975” in the “Original 1975” red scheme. Check out our stunning large “Santa Fe” lettering with fine gothic detail lettering. These beautiful replicas come complete with matching red trucks, just like the prototype cars. Our ATSF replicas are available now with 12 road number choices!
– Chicago & North Western (CNW) “Original 1974” in CNW dark green with yellow lettering. Our models come with 2 shades of yellow lettering on the sides of the model just like the prototypes did. This is a critical car type for all CNW (and UP) modelers. We are proud to offer these new CNW replicas with 6 road number choices!
– Chicago & North Western (CNW) “1974 Fade to Blue” which is painted to represent the “Original 1974” series described above, but with a “faded blue” carbody. This carbody represents how the cars appeared from the 1990s to today. We are proud to offer these CNW replicas with 3 road number choices!
– Denver & Rio Grande Western (DRGW) in the striking “original orange” scheme with large DRGW logo. A highly accurate model, these cars are stunners. We are proud to offer these DRGW replicas in 6 road numbers.
– Soo Line (SOO) with white carbody, and the eye-catching yellow wheat stalk and dark green Soo Line lettering painted on the flanks of the car. These beautiful replicas are available with 12 road number choices, and are a must for Soo modelers!
– CRDX “Manitoba” privately-owned car in “original” gray with the “Manitoba” placard on the side of the car. These cars were in service for the province of Manitoba and served widely. We are proud to offer these replicas with 3 road number choices! Also, we WILL offer the “Manitoba” placard separately so you can add it to other covered hoppers, just like the prototypes! Stay tuned for details!
– PTLX “Percival Grain – Percival, IA” private elevator car “original” scheme with our very sharp blue and black carbody with billboard white lettering along the sides of the car. We are proud to offer these replicas with 3 road number choices!
– Undecorated Kit, 1974-1975 version
– FWD “BN Green”: Also, check out the Amarillo Railroad Museum website! They are selling the Tangent Scale Models FW&D BN painted 4750. You can see it by clicking here!
These products will begin shipping today. Features for these replicas include:
– Dimensional accuracy – designed from Pullman-Standard plans and verified with field measurements
– Highly correct “true to life” colors
– “Hyper-Accurate” lettering including exact fonts and lettering placement
– Genuine Kadee® scale couplers
– “Near-scale” draft gear box with beautifully-rendered side “key” detail
– Multiple road numbers for each scheme
– “See through” etched metal running boards and crossover platforms (in one of 6 possible variations)
– Road-specific details for each scheme, including 5 different brake systems, 3 different outlet gates, 2 different sets of roof hatches, 4 jacking pad sets, with or without shaker brackets, 2 roof overhangs, 3 different running board and crossover platform options, end ladders options, 5 brakewheel housing and clevis options, and 2 brakewheel options.
– Lacy details – wire grab irons and coupler lift bars
– Separate air hoses
– CNC-machined 36” wheels in high quality Tangent Scale Models 100-ton trucks
– Recommended age 14 years and older
Don’t miss out on the Tangent Scale Models PS4750, the most relevant freight car of the 1970s! Pricing for RTR models is $44.95, with quantity discounts for direct purchases from Tangent Scale Models.
That wraps up our update for today, and thank you for supporting the family-owned businesses in our industry!