The Pullman-Standard PS-2CD 4740 cubic foot covered hopper was produced between 1966 and 1972, and remains in active service today throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico. One of the most distinctive Pullman covered hoppers, this common 100-ton car is used in grain, fertilizer, and other bulk services. With more than 10,000 prototypes placed into service, the Tangent Scale Models HO-scale replica is a perfect addition to your layout or collection.
Our newest release of these fine replicas is from June 2012, featuring prototype cars from 1968 and 1970, and as usual, each model includes different details to match the era of production.
We also offer undecorated kits for those of you that want to build your own!
Our motto is “Unparalleled scale replicas for discriminating railroad modelers”. We hope you’ll agree! Our PS-2CD 4740 Covered Hopper replicas include:
- Dimensional accuracy – scaled from Pullman-Standard plans
- Razor-sharp printing and paint separations
- Exact fonts and lettering placement – compare our replicas to the prototype photos!
- Thoroughly-researched colors!
- Bay lettering where applicable
- “Lacy” end and underframe details
- Thin-profile brake piping
- Air hoses
- Painted, scale-sized wire grabirons for strength and durability
- See-through etched metal running boards and brake platforms
- Nicely-detailed outlet gates (and pneumatic outlet gates added where applicable for roadname-specific details)!
- Kadee® scale metal couplers
- Accurate 100-ton N-11 trucks with free-rolling metal wheels
- Models include customized details applicable to each paint scheme – pneumatic outlet gates or standard outlet gates
- Car number selection process – we select car numbers from online or published sources, focusing on late era numbers to represent more than 35 years in continuous operation.
- Designed and tooled in USA!
- Recommended age 8 years and older
- Model will operate on 18″ radius curves
Please click on the images at right for pricing, SKUs, high resolution photos, prototype photos, car number options, and/or to order!