Product: Pullman Standard 3526 HT Triple Coal Hopper
Scale: HO Scale 1:87.1
Truck: Tangent 100-Ton Barber S-2 Roller Bearing
Wheels: CNC-Machined 36″ Wheels
B&O Chessie Black Delivery 1975+ PS3526 represents our “eastern” car release for this production. We thought Chessie/B&O would be a good offering for our first production, because this series of PS3526 coal hoppers was large – totaling 2,500 cars. These cars have black carbodies and include Chessie yellow graphics with the Chessie cat logo and the “Chessie System” stenciling in the upper left side panels. These cars also have “B&O” and road number stenciling applied to the underframe. We offer this scheme in 24 road numbers so you can model a unit train or mix and match your other Chessie hoppers. Also, don’t forget to match our models up with your Tangent Chessie/B&O I-18 class International bay window caboose released earlier this year, and still available!
Product Highlights for the B&O Chessie PS 3526 HT Body:
• Lower “Eastern” carbody design
• Conventional gravity dump design
• Flat style end horizontal posts at both ends of car
• More pronounced vertical side panel creases and shape, per B&O prototype as executed by Pullman Standard
• High handbrake details
• “Eastern Style” Tipple coal load
• Flexible rubber train line hoses
• Rotating “Brenco-6” Roller Bearing Caps on Tangent’s New 100T Barber S-2 Trucks
• Genuine Kadee® “scale-head” couplers
Click on images in the grid below for larger photos!