These Double Rotary BN models will be offered again in 2021!
BN Ph 3 “Black Double Rotary Delivery 1976+” PS4000 illustrates a similar scheme to the BN Phase 1 1975 car, which was the 1970s “standard” scheme applied to BN coal hoppers. These double rotary cars were the exception to the rule but are necessary as a “one-off” for many BN coal trains that had to go through a rotary dumper (otherwise the caboose or locomotives had to be uncoupled from the consist). This scheme is a “Phase 3” car that includes the “Short B and Short A” configuration designated for the BN double rotary cars, and a slightly shorter carbody believe it or not! Yes, we tooled this version. These cars also have the “trapezoid” indentations on the carbody side panels typical of all 1975-1976 BN-ordered Pullman coal hoppers. Available in 2 numbers!
Product Highlights for the BN PS4000HT Phase 3 Body:
• “Short A/Short B” Phase 3 carbody where the A End final side panel and B End final side panels are the same shorter length
• Slightly shorter carbody, per Pullman Standard design
• Matching long end horizontal posts at both ends of car
• Distinctive yet subtle vertical side panel creases, as executed by Pullman Standard
• A-End trainline rubber airhose on “wrong” side of draft gear per prototype practice for rotary dumping.
• Low handbrake details
• “Western Style” Flood coal load
• Rotating “Timken” Roller Bearing Caps on Tangent’s New 100T Barber S-2 Trucks
• Genuine Kadee® “scale-head” couplers
Click on images in the grid below for larger photos!