BN Phase 1 “Black Delivery 1975+” PS 4000 100T Triple Coal Hopper
- Product: Pullman Standard 4000 HT Triple Coal Hopper
- Scale: HO Scale 1:87.1
- Truck: Tangent 100-Ton Barber S-2 Roller Bearing
- Wheels: CNC-Machined 36″ Wheels
BN Ph 1 “Black Delivery 1975+” PS4000 is easily one of the sharpest schemes applied to these Pullman cars. The classic Burlington Northern billboard scheme was applied with white stencil lettering on a black car, with white rectangles on the end and slope sheets to designate the rotary end. Some of the car fleet was repainted in the 1980s with full white ends and we will offer those down the road, but these samples from BN’s massive fleet of almost 1,200 cars are the statistically relevant scheme for BN’s largest coal hopper fleet. These models have the distinctive Pullman “trapezoid” indentations on the side panels, and the “short B end, long A end” body configuration with offset truck bolster spacing. We offer this scheme in 24 road numbers so you can model a unit train! This 1975+ scheme lasted into the BNSF era so is relevant for all modelers.
Product Highlights for the BN PS4000HT Phase 1 Body:
• “Long A/Short B” Phase 1 carbody where the A End final side panel is slightly longer that the B End final side panel
• Matching short/long combination of end horizontal posts at end of car
• Distinctive yet subtle vertical side panel creases, as executed by Pullman Standard
• A-End trainline rubber airhose on “wrong” side of draft gear per prototype practice for rotary dumping
• Low handbrake details
• “Western Style” Flood coal load
• Rotating “Timken” Roller Bearing Caps on Tangent’s New 100T Barber S-2 Trucks
• Genuine Kadee® “scale-head” couplers
Click on images in the grid below for larger photos!