The Pullman-Standard PS-2CD 4750 covered hopper was the largest production covered hopper design in history, and is therefore statistically important to virtually any modeler from the 1970s to the present. Tangent Scale Models is pleased to announce our next release of industry-leading HO Scale PS-2CD 4750 covered hoppers.
This is NOT a pre-order announcement. We now are selling our stunning PS4750 models in these eight roadnames (plus undecorated), listed here:
– Chicago & North Western (CNW) “Original 1974” in CNW dark green with yellow lettering. Our models come with 2 shades of yellow lettering on the sides of the model just like the prototypes did. This is a critical car type for all CNW (and UP) modelers. We are proud to offer these new CNW replicas with 6 all-new road number choices!
– Chicago & North Western (CNW) “1974 Fade to Blue” which is painted to represent the “Original 1974” series described above, but with a “faded blue” carbody and with retrofitted “smooth” hatches. This carbody represents how the cars appeared from the 1990s to today after the paint oxidized and change color. These cars still operate for various car lessors. We are proud to offer these CNW replicas with 6 all-new road number choices!
– Denver & Rio Grande Western (DRGW) “Original 12-74” in the striking “original orange” scheme with large DRGW logo. A highly accurate model, these cars are stunners. We are proud to offer these DRGW replicas in 6 road numbers.
– ICG “Original 1979” continues our tradition of gorgeous ICG models, this time in the ICG simplified paint that was found on more than one-third of the originally-painted ICG PS4750s. These simple stunners are available in 4 road numbers.
– SCL Family Lines “Original 1980” in the “Original 1980” beige scheme. Check out our stunning “Family Lines System” lettering with the “Georgia-Clinchfield-West Point Route” logo. These are the sister cars to our L&N models released in 2013, and are great “family” cars for your pre-CSX and CSX modeling. These beautiful replicas come complete with matching beige trucks, just like the prototype cars, and are available with 4 road number choices!
– CSXT ex-SCL “Family Lines” are offered as well. These are the restenciled versions of the SCL cars found above, and are meant for 1980s to present CSXT-era modelers who want to accurately recreate the restenciled cars within the fleet – mix and match with the SCL cars above just like the prototype CSXT! Available with 2 road number choices.
– FLIX “COOP – Far-Mar-Co” is our next all new originally-painted private-owner car, and is a stunner. These cars really stood out starting in 1978 thanks to their two placards on the side of the car – one for Farmland Industries COOP and the other for Far-Mar-Co. Available with 3 road number choices, these cars will be visually-distinctive in your grain blocks.
– PTLX “White Lease 1975+” in the private lessor “plain” scheme with black underframe and ends, and white carbody. These cars are from a statistically-significant large block of cars, which could have been found anywhere in North America. We are proud to offer our replicas with 3 road number choices!
– Undec RTR Primer Gray 1974-75 Truck Brakes (PTLX etc.) completely assembled and ready for lettering or paint, including “Morton” running boards and crossover platforms.
The Tangent PS4750 is a state of the art, dimensionally-accurate scale replica with highly accurate “true-to-life” colors and precise letter stencils. Our PS4750 offers a multitude of detail variations and phases to replicate the Pullman-Standard offerings. Example variations include: brake systems, outlet gates, roofs, roof hatches, roof overhangs, running boards, crossover platforms, end ladders, jacking pads, brakewheel housings, and brakewheels. This replica includes our fine “near-scale” draft gear box with beautifully-rendered side “key” detail. Our ready-to-operate replica is finished with coupler lift bars accompanying Kadee® scale couplers and sufficient hidden weights to ensure the model operates as good as it looks. At more than 100 parts per car, not to mention phase accurate details, genuine Kadee couplers, and all-metal wheels, we provide you with a high-value model that will provide you with years of enjoyment and curb-appeal.
These products will begin shipping today. Features for these replicas include:
– Dimensional accuracy – designed from Pullman-Standard plans and verified with field measurements
– Highly correct “true to life” colors
– “Hyper-Accurate” lettering including exact fonts and lettering placement
– Genuine Kadee® scale couplers
– “Near-scale” draft gear box with beautifully-rendered side “key” detail
– Multiple road numbers for each scheme
– “See through” etched metal running boards and crossover platforms (in one of 6 possible variations)
– Road-specific details for each scheme, including 5 different brake systems, 3 different outlet gates, 2 different sets of roof hatches, 4 jacking pad sets, with or without shaker brackets, 2 roof overhangs, 3 different running board and crossover platform options, end ladders options, 5 brakewheel housing and clevis options, and 2 brakewheel options.
– Lacy details – wire grab irons and coupler lift bars
– Separate air hoses
– CNC-machined 36” wheels in high quality Tangent Scale Models 100-ton trucks
– Recommended age 14 years and older
That wraps up our update for today, and thank you for supporting the family-owned businesses in our industry!
Tangent Scale Models