Tangent Scale Models is pleased to now offer the Tangent Scale Models HO scale General Steel Castings (GSC) 60’ flatcar. A car of tremendous versatility, these General Steel Castings (GSC) 60’ flatcar served nationwide in service on many railroads starting in 1956. They were used in lumber, wallboard, poles, and heavy equipment services, to name a few. These flatcars were often photographed hauling “wrecked” cars, and many still operate today in various company service roles. GSC, located in Granite City IL, supplied either complete cars or cast steel flatcar bodies to various railroads. Railroads that elected to purchase only the bodies would then equip the cars with components preferred for projected service.The Tangent Scale Models 60’ GSC flatcar is a distinctive finescale replica that includes highly accurate lettering, “true to life” colors, and narrow draft gear. In addition, our replica includes detail variations selected to match major production specifications, such as: decking variations, bulkhead and non-bulkhead variations, oval or non-oval cutouts, end of car cushioning devices or standard draft gear, and truck variations. The model includes Kadee® scale couplers and an intelligent weight design to ensure the model operates as good as it looks.
Our motto is “Unparalleled scale replicas for discriminating railroad modelers”. We hope you’ll agree! Our General Steel Castings 60′ Flatcar replicas include:
- Dimensional accuracy – scaled exactly from General Steel Casting carbody plans
- Highly accurate “true to life” colors
- Exact fonts and lettering placement – compare our replicas to the prototype photos on our website!
- Detail variations: Decking assembly variations, appropriate for each paint scheme
- Detail variations: Oval or no-oval cutouts, appropriate for each paint scheme
- Detail variations: End of car cushioning devices or standard draft gear, appropriate for each paint scheme
- Detail variations: Roller or plain bearing truck variations, appropriate for each paint scheme
- Painted or “gray” decks appropriate for each paint scheme
- Wire grab irons and coupler lift bars
- Air hoses
- Weighted to NMRA specs for smooth operation – 5 ounces
- Kadee® scale metal couplers
- Tangent free-rolling metal wheels
- Recommended age 14 years and older.
Please click on the images at right for pricing, SKUs, high resolution photos, prototype photos, car number options, and/or to order!