New Release: Tangent Scale Models D&H-Themed PS-2CD 4750 Covered Hoppers – Early Body Versions
January 27, 2018
Live from Springfield MA at the Railway Hobby Show:
The Pullman-Standard PS-2CD 4750 covered hopper was the largest production covered hopper design in history, and is therefore statistically important to virtually any modeler from the 1970s to the present. Tangent Scale Models continues the evolution of our PS4750 models, and we are pleased to announce the next release of the industry-leading HO Scale PS-2CD 4750 covered hopper. This ALL NEW body variation with solid side posts focuses on the early production cars with their associated production trends and car details, including brake systems.
We are now announcing a small release of our stunning PS4750 models in Delaware & Hudson, both original 1974 paint and a “modern” ATGX bandit complete with conspicuity stripes. These are for sale now at the Springfield show, as well as on our website and your favorite hobby shop! Here are the details:
– Delaware & Hudson (D & H) “Original 1974” which represents models from Delaware and Hudson’s order of PS4750s, produced in March 1974 as lot 9737. These vibrant red cars are very interesting due to their many yellow paint stencils all over the car, including the underframe. Specific correct car appliances are included for Delaware and Hudson’s order as well, including the brake system, Miner Selflok outlet gates, and Morton style running boards, to name a few. Our D&H replicas are available with 6 road numbers, so don’t miss out!
– ATGX ex-D&H “Modern w/ Conspicuity Stripes” is the “restenciled” (or “banditized,” if you prefer) version of the Delaware and Hudson car shown above. The D&H cars were returned to the lessor and were subsequently placed in lease service starting in 1994. Our ATGX cars represent the banditized D&H cars in the modern era, complete with conspicuity stripes. We have made these available with 2 road numbers, and each of the cars have different paintout characteristics including different reporting mark locations, which make them a great pairing to go with your grain blocks. Don’t miss out, these cars will go very quickly!
The Tangent PS4750 is a state of the art, dimensionally-accurate scale replica with highly accurate “true-to-life” colors and precise letter stencils. Our PS4750 offers a multitude of detail variations and phases to replicate the Pullman-Standard offerings. Example variations include: body shells with or without holes in the side posts, brake systems, outlet gates, roofs, roof hatches, roof overhangs, running boards, crossover platforms, end ladders, jacking pads, brakewheel housings, and brakewheels. This replica includes our fine “near-scale” draft gear box with beautifully-rendered side “key” detail. Our ready-to-operate replica is finished with coupler lift bars accompanying Kadee® scale couplers and sufficient hidden weights to ensure the model operates as good as it looks. At more than 100 parts per car, not to mention phase accurate details, genuine Kadee couplers, and all-metal wheels, we provide you with a high-value model that will provide you with years of enjoyment and curb-appeal.
These products are shipping now – sorry, we do not pre-announce products! Features for these replicas include:
– Dimensional accuracy – designed from Pullman-Standard plans and verified with field measurements
– Highly correct “true to life” colors
– “Hyper-Accurate” lettering including exact fonts and lettering placement
– Genuine Kadee® scale couplers
– “Near-scale” draft gear box with beautifully-rendered side “key” detail
– Multiple road numbers for each scheme
– “See through” etched metal running boards and crossover platforms (in one of 6 possible variations)
– Road-specific details for each scheme, including 7 different brake systems, 3 different outlet gates, 3 different sets of roof hatches, 4 jacking pad sets, with or without shaker brackets, 2 roof overhangs, 3 different running board and crossover platform options, end ladders options, 7 brakewheel housing and clevis options, and 2 brakewheel options.
– Beautiful details – wire grab irons and coupler lift bars – no “molded in” plastic grab irons here!
– Separate air hoses
– CNC-machined 36” wheels in high quality Tangent Scale Models 100-ton trucks
– Recommended age 14 years and older
Don’t miss out on the Tangent Scale Models PS4750, the most relevant freight car of the 1970s! Pricing for RTR models is $44.95, with quantity discounts for direct purchases from Tangent Scale Models.
That wraps up our update for today, and thank you for supporting the family-owned businesses in our industry!
David Lehlbach – live from Springfield MA!