Tangent Scale Models is pleased to announce that our ACF 52-6 welded 70-ton drop-end gondola is available now beautifully-decorated in 5 paint schemes! Our HO scale precision models cater to both steam and steam-diesel transition modelers with original delivery schemes from car builder ACF, and for 1960s-1980s modelers we offer repaints! The following beautiful scale replicas are available for sale today, and we will have these in stock at Trainfest in Milwaukee WI next week:
– Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) G31B, “original 1951 scheme” in stunning PRR Freight Car Red, with 6 all-new road numbers available for 2015! With more than 11,600 cars like it on the PRR roster, modelers from ANY railroad can justify at least one.
– Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) G31B, “Early Shadow Keystone 1957” scheme painted PRR Freight Car Red in 1957, with 6 all-new road numbers available for 2015!
– Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) G31B, “Plain Keystone 1962” scheme in PRR 1960s Freight Car Red, with 6 NEW road numbers available for 2015!
– Delaware, Lackawanna, and Western (DL&W) “original black 1951” with the “Road of Anthracite” logo. This stunning car has 3 all-new road numbers available for 2015!
– Wabash, “original black 1951” scheme with “WABASH” spelled out along the side of the car as the car was originally delivered from ACF in 1951. 3 all-new road numbers for 2015!
Additionally, we have a few ACF gondolas still in stock from our previous production:
– Erie Lackawanna “Rail Train” 1964+
– Penn Central “G31B” 1971+
– Southern Pacific (SP) “Original” G-70-8 1951+
– Southern Pacific (SP) “Original” G-70-12 1953+
– Southern Pacific (SP) “Gothic” 1966+
– Allagash “Spruce Green” 1970+
Want to see photos of our spectacular replicas? See https://www.tangentscalemodels.com/acf-70-ton-welded-drop-end-gondola/ for a link to the new models!
First produced in 1948 for Pennsylvania Railroad as class G31, PRR alone purchased 11,600 welded cars of this body style in the G31/G31A/G31B/G35, serving the “Standard Railroad of the World” in every corner of North America in many customer applications. If you model somewhere in North America, you can use a PRR model; PRR had more of these gons than some railroads had cars! Besides PRR, other railroads purchased these gondolas from ACF, and some former PRR cars were purchased second-hand by various railroads. Most of these gondolas were phased from revenue service during the 1990s.
The Tangent Scale Models prototype replica of the ACF-produced PRR G31B is a first of its kind in HO scale, making it a distinctive addition to any freight car fleet. And as typical of our products, we take the time to focus on execution of all the small details. We studied the prototype to accurately reproduce it with the following:
– Dimensional accuracy – designed from ACF plans
– Highly correct “true to life” colors
– “Hyper-Accurate” lettering including exact fonts and lettering placement
– Scale-sized side tie-downs
– See through tie down holes
– Stand-off ladders
– Wire grab irons and coupler lift bars
– See-through brake platforms
– Full interior detail
– Road-specific handbrakes applied to match production specifications
– Separate air hoses
– Genuine Kadee® scale couplers
Our new gondola is equipped with our Tangent Scale Models 70-ton ASF A-3 Ride-Control trucks with free-rolling ALL-METAL wheels. Our ready-to-operate replica is finished with coupler lift bars accompanying Kadee® scale couplers and sufficient hidden weights to ensure the model operates as good as it looks.
Pricing for our new RTR gondolas is $34.95 each, with quantity discounts for direct purchases from Tangent Scale Models. These cars are available for sale right now.
That wraps up our update for today, and thank you for supporting the family-owned businesses in our industry!